Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wedding Bells!

Pondering over what to write about, I was just looking around the room and on my bed I saw a wedding invite, a very close friend’s, I looked at it for a while and did a mental count of the number of wedding invites I have gotten this month; 4. Phew! 4 just this month!! A mental count of the number of birthday surprises I attended this month, 1. This just brought out a very small smile on my face. I actually have more number of weddings to attend. Times are changing and its wedding bells everywhere.

A very close friend got married today, she becomes Mrs. Shyamala Benjamin today :). Earlier today, I had a mental image of the way her wedding would’ve taken place and the look on her face; I pined to see it in person. I closed the invitation with a small tear in my eyes. I don’t know whether they were tears of regret of not being able to attend the wedding or tears of happiness that she cannot possibly be happier than this. All I know is that I couldn’t be happier for her, but I would’ve been the happiest if I had been there with her.

This one’s for you Shyamu :). Missing you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment